ScreenShot FAQ dBASE Tools
Assistant is a Form with Menu, Toolbar, and Popups that runs inside the dBASE IDE.
dBASE PLUS or dB2K.
Windows 2000sp4 or newer.
The assistant is distributed with full Source code.
The original purpose of the Assistant was a GUI
that provided click access to files in sourceAlias folders.
It now provides many capabilities with a click of the mouse.
Download Version 8 Installation file (assist86117.zip) 2.4 MB to Install Assistant.
Assistant is FreeWare. Feel free to Modify source as You wish.
Version 8.xxxx is written for dBASE PLUS and has been improved for dB2K users.
Latest released version is 8.6117 (September 2016).
Changes since the first version 8.xxxx release.
How to get started FAQ.
What can the Assistant do ?
- Operate in a way most dBASE users are familiar.
- Return to it's previous settings including file and folder selection when starting.
- Browse a table and recall the form position (and grid columns with PLUS) for each table run.
- Some of the 1 click tools are:
- Clear results pane.
- Close Databases.
- Compile file(s).
- Display Status.
- File Create, Design, Info, Modify, Run, and Run Modal.
- File Sorting by name, size, type, last modified.
- Set Procedure additive.
- Some of the 2 click tools are:
- File(s) Rename, and Save As.
- Display dBASE ini, Error log, and System memory.
- Close excess Procedures.
- Some of the other tools are.
- Selective display of Source Alias folders.
- Custom File display and selection by extension.
- File Dbl-Click preference (ie: edit-run-design).
- Built-in Gradient, Windows, or Custom Gradient display.
- Display file times in computer or people time.
- Automatic creation of icons (up to 15) for Plugins.
1st release for PLUS, December 30, 2002.
1st release for dB2K: July 20, 2001.
1st release for VdB 7.5: October 19, 2000.
E-Mail: any questions/suggestions regarding Advanced Editor.